On this Valentines Day I wanted to take a minute and give thanks to the “Start-up Spouse”. While most attention (both good and bad) tends to focus on the “documented” founders of these start-ups, we all know there are very important people working behind the scenes to support and enable these founders.
Derrick and I both know that we would not be able to build our dream without the solid foundation and backing provided by our “Start-up Spouses”.
While the list is endless, I am going to limit this blog in the interest of time!
- Thank you for proofreading that blog, for the 100th time and still finding my mistakes.
- Thank you for managing and updating Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, and Foursquare.
- Thank you for listening to me talk about PDOExceptions, Unit Tests, and SQL queries and walking me through solving issues — even though you really don’t know what I am talking about!
- Thank you for staying up late and “pair programming” with me even though you have never written a line of code.
- Thank you for revising that investor deck for the 100th time.
- Than you for picking me up breakfast, lunch, and dinner and bringing it to the booth so I don’t have to eat the $10 concession stand hot dogs.
- Thank you for the late night coffee, Rockstar, Redbull, back massages, counseling session, and support group session.
- Thank you for being the companies Help Desk, Copywriter, CFO, Graphic Designer, HR Representative, and Chief Marketing Officer.
- Thank you for being my most important adviser, board member, and investor.
- Thank you for reminding me to be a Husband, Father, Brother, Son first!
While this thank you is meant for every Start-up and Entrepreneurial spouse out there, I want to give a special thank you to Laura and Jessica. Without you our dream would not survive.